Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The time it was an A-Z survey

When I was killing time at work today by trolling Twitter, I saw a couple of blogs tweet their posts for a book blogger A-Z survey.  Not one to normally post things like this, I thought this one was a lot of fun and decided to participate!

Thanks to Jamie at Perpetual Page Turner for the idea and the graphic!!


Author you've read the most books from:

Probably Dean Koontz.  I've been reading his books since I was 14 and I've read everything he's published under that name.  I don't even know how many that is.  A lot.

Best sequel ever:

Can I have a few? I can't choose between The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin, Crown of Midnight by Sarah J Maas, Unbreakable by Elizabeth Norris, and Time After Time by Tamara Ireland Stone.  All of these books were [in my opinion] better than the first books.

Currently reading:

The Waking Dark by Robin Wasserman, NOS4A2 by Joe Hill, and Deception by C.J. Redwine.  I'm also about 7 pages into The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon, but I don't know if that counts.

Drink of choice while reading:

I try not to drink anything while reading.  I've had many, many, many, accidents of spilling my drink.  Thankfully, never actually on the books.  I do have a mild addiction to peppermint tea with way too much milk and sugar.

E-reader or physical book?

Physical book.  I love the idea of e-readers when I'm traveling so I don't have to pack eleventy billion books, but I will always prefer to hold the book when reading.

Fictional character you probably would have actually dated in high school:

Bennett Cooper from Time Between Us. I was [and still am] really into music and travel, so I would have loved to hang out with a boy who was all about those two things.  Also? Time travel FTMFW!

Glad you gave this book a chance:

Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas.  I don't normally care for high fantasy, but it came highly recommended by LeAnna from MGRB.  When I finally started reading it, I became obsessed with it.  Now I am a huge fangirl for Sarah and her words.

Hidden gem book:

Degrees of Wrong by Anna Scarlett.  This has become one of my favorite go-to books when in a slump.  If you love snarky, smart girls and swoony boys with smoldering looks who have delicious banter, check it out. 

Important moment in your reading life:

Finding GoodReads.  I can attribute this to Bri.  She kept hassling encouraging me to start an account.  Once I did, I didn't really review or anything, I was only using it as a way to keep track of what I read for the year.  Slowly but surely, I started using it more and more.  Annnnd, now I'm on the website all the time.

Just finished:

The Naturals by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Kinds of books you won't read:

Ummm...I would like to think I'll try anything if it sounds interesting to me, but I'm sure that's not true.  Are westerns a genre? Because I'm fairly certain I would not read a western...

Longest book you've read:

The Stand by Stephen King at 1153 pages.

Major book hangover because of:

Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas. I'm pretty sure she doesn't even feel bad about it.

Number of bookcases you own:

I have 5 in my apartment, but not all of my books are out.  The majority of my books are in storage because I don't have enough room.  Apparently, the Hubs thinks things like a bed and a couch are important. 

One book you have read multiple times:

Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen.  It is my favorite and I read it at least once a year.

Preferred place to read:

Anywhere? Usually, I'm in a recliner in my living room.

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you've read:

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." JK Rowling/Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Although, it doesn't inspire me as much as it's like my life motto. 

Reading regret:

That there aren't more hours in the day for me to read? I don't know... I try not to have regrets at all, but especially with books.  Life is too short for shitty books.

Series you started and need to finish [all of the books are out]:

The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan.  I love zombies and this series is really loved by a lot of people, I just can't bring myself to read the other two books.

Three of your all-time favorite books:

Besides the handful I always talk about? To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, The Stand by Stephen King and Strangers by Dean Koontz.

Unapologetic fangirl for:

In no specific order: Michelle Hodkin, Elizabeth Norris, Sarah J. Maas, Susan Dennard, Myra McEntire and Tamara Ireland Stone.  I love all 6 of these ladies with a sickness and will do whatever it takes to see them if/when they get within 500 miles of me.  Sometimes further.

Very excited for this release, more than all the others:

The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin.  It is number one on my "I-would-cut-a-bitch-to-have-it-now" list of books.  Seriously.  I would do horrible, unspeakable things for this book.

Worst bookish habit:

I treat my books like they are my children, so I am really careful with them.  The worst habit I have is if I loan books out, I expect them to come back looking exactly how I sent them out.  I check all aspects of the book upon it's return home and have a mental list of people who can't borrow.

X marks the spot: start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:

Cress by Marissa Meyer

Your latest book purchase:

Finally bought The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd.

ZZZ-snatcher [the last book that kept you up way late]:

All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill.  It took me a couple of days to actually pick it up and start reading, but once I did, I just couldn't put it down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And now it's your turn! Did you fill this survey out? Leave me your link in the comments so I can go look at it.  Or, pick your favorite letter and answer that one!!


12 comments:

  1. I looooved Crown of Midnight! Don't know why I forgot to put it in the best sequel spot. I have The Evolution of Mara Dyer in there too though and can't wait for the final book either!!
    I'm also very picky of who I do or don't let borrow my books. And there just aren't enough hours to read! It drives me crazy when I think of all the amazing books I will never get to because there just isn't enough time, not even if I really did nothing else but read 24/7.

    You can check out my survey here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure I'd be able to read all of the books if I didn't have a job or any sort of responsibilities! I really need to win the lottery...

      Thanks for reading and sharing your answers!

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of "Degrees of Wrong" but I've marked it TBR now. I loved reading this list and learning more about you. I read Erin's and Jaime's lists too. It's a great way to get recommendations. And FTR, I think your love of books is part of what makes you so awesome. Thanks for sharing! *smooch8

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure you're biased, but I'll always take your smooches.

      Yes yes yes go read DoW!! It's one of my absolute favorites and I really think you'd like it.

      Thank you for ALWAYS reading and commenting.

      ILY

      Delete
  3. Wow! Great survey! I don't think I'd be able to fill it up with my lack of patience, but it was fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was actually a lot of fun to do!!

      Thanks for reading!!

      Delete
  4. Great survey! I did this one last Friday:) I absolutely loved Evolution of MD, it was even better than Unbecoming. Yes, I had the same with Throne of Glass, but I also really loved it afterwards.

    Eveline's Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I loved Evolution more just because there was more Noah and there's no such thing as too much Noah. :D

      Thanks for reading and commenting!!

      Delete
  5. I'm the same with letting people borrow my books!! I have a list of people who can't borrow them from me. This one time my /best friend/ borrowed The Hunger Games from me and somehow the first page got torn out. It took a very long time for me to trust her with my books again. Also, I want Retribution too. Like, now.

    I did this survey a couple days ago:)

    Emily from Blue-Eyed Bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had a book returned to me with pages ripped out I would lose my mind. I've had many covers ripped or bent, even pages with water damage and it breaks my heart.

      I NEED Retribution. Badly. I can't even type the words to explain it.

      Thanks for reading and commenting!!

      Delete
  6. Cool survey! I might do this one later. I read The Unbecoming and thought it was sooo confusing. I actually got a headache when I finished it lol. Since you said The Evolution of Mara Dyer was better, I will give the series a second chance. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Mara Dyer books are some of my favorites. I've read them several times and I'm still not sure WTF is going on. :D

      Thanks for reading and commenting!!

      Delete

 

©2011-2014 All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by Website Design Credit

Powered by Blogger