Monday, February 27, 2012

The time Blue Willow Bookshop was so helpful.

The cover of Everneath by Brodi Ashton sucked me in right away.  I ordered a copy to be signed at her launch party being held at the King's English Bookstore [SLC, Utah]. The event was being held at the end of January.

I had wanted Incarnate by Jodi Meadows pretty much right after I read the synopsis for it.  Always one to want a signed copy, I hunted her down and ended up ordering the book online at the Dark Days event she was attending at the Blue Willow Bookshop [Houston, TX].  This event was being held towards the end of February.

Flash forward to the week of the Dark Days event in TX.  I receive an email from an employee at the Kings English letting me know that they had lost my order and had refunded my credit card.  They ended the email asking if I wanted to order the book again and they would "try" to get Brodi to come in and sign/personalize it for me.  I answered that, in fact, I did not want to order with them again and went on the hunt for Brodi's next appearance. 

Side note: I have ordered many things from the Kings English and have nothing but good things to say about their service and employees.

The next day, I called Blue Willow to see if I could add to my Jodi Meadows order. [Hooray for Brodi and Jodi signing at the same Dark Days event!!] Since I had already paid for shipping, I was hoping that it would be enough to cover both books.  The woman who answered [I think her name was Alice, but I'm not entirely sure] told me to go ahead and order online, select "store pick up" and in the notes reference my other order number.  She went further to say she was pretty sure she could get both books in the mail for the one shipping cost and if she couldn't, she'd make it work anyways.

I got my books in the mail today.  Both were individually wrapped in bubble wrap and perfect.


I definitely look forward to buying from them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

©2011-2014 All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by Website Design Credit

Powered by Blogger