Sunday, January 1, 2012

The time Mysterious Galaxy had a sale

At some point in the last couple of weeks, I went into Mysterious Galaxy and got an invitation to the big New Years Day sale... I stopped myself from buying anything until after we went to the sale.  Armed with a list, I was at the Starbucks next door at 9:15 am.  By 10, there was a bit of a crowd. 

The details of the sale was 1-2 books, 20% off.  3-4 books, 25% off.  5 or more, 30% off.  They also had all sorts of "picture books" on sale, but I wasn't concerned with those.  Straight to YA I went.

I had my phone in hand, checking their online inventory while scouring the shelves. Unfortunately, they didn't have a lot of the things I wanted. I had my heart set on getting all sorts of signed things, but I'm starting to realize that I need to be more proactive with paying attention to new books and when they come out.

Needless to say, I didn't walk out empty handed.  I did get White Cat by Holly Black, Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake in addition to two autographed books.



I read the Wake series by Lisa McMann in 3 consecutive nights.  I'd always known she wrote this book, but for some reason, I never got around to buying it.  Now I have a signed copy.


I was interested in Drink Slay Love by Sarah Beth Durst just from the cover.  It's been on my TBR list for a while. 

Now I'm off to make a list of books released in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

©2011-2014 All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by Website Design Credit

Powered by Blogger