Saturday, January 28, 2012

The time I succumbed to peer pressure.

When John Green's The Fault in Our Stars came out, it was everywhere.  I got an email from Barnes and Noble apologizing to me for sending it out early [when I didn't even pre-order it].  I had called a bookstore about a different signing and ended up talking to the employee about how amazing it was.  Swoontini reviewed and highly recommended it.  There were two women at the Megan Miranda signing who were going on and on and on about it. 

I had absolutely no intention of reading it.  No matter how phenomenal the writing was, no matter how swoony the boy was, the subject matter was not anything I was interested in.  The day after it came out, I went to Barnes and Noble to pick something else up and told myself if there was a signed copy on the shelf, I would buy it.  There wasn't. 

And yet, eventually I broke down and bought a copy.  Stupid Mysterious Galaxy and their stupid email telling me they had stupid signed copies. 


Cinder was on my radar right away.  Unfortunately, Marissa Meyer didn't get anywhere near me, but I was able to order the book without incident.  Hopefully, when the next book in the series comes out, she'll get closer to me.


Kings English also had a copy of Matched by Ally Condie.  This one took me some time to hunt down and I didn't want to wait until she toured for book 3.  Now I don't have to. 


Books of Wonder always has a good selection of signed back stock. When Julie Cross told me that she wasn't getting to the west coast to tour for Tempest, I ordered a copy during the huge-five-authors-in-one-night-extravaganza. 



Since I didn't want to send that lone book across the country by itself, I ordered Wither by Lauren DeStefano and The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson to keep it company. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

©2011-2014 All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by Website Design Credit

Powered by Blogger