Saturday, October 29, 2011

The time I didn't meet Heather Brewer.

At the 2010 Comic-con, we saw a lot of people who were carrying around tote bags with a smiley vampire face on it.  Every time I saw one, I would stop the person and ask where they got it.  No one seemed to remember.  My husband probably wanted to kill me because it became a mission.  I didn't know what it was for, but it didn't matter. I had to have one.



Finally, we got some specific directions from a mom and her kids [who ALL had one] and happened upon the Penguin books booth.  The two women working the booth gave us a bag and informed us that there would be a different color handed out every day.  One of them went on to inform us they were promotional items for The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod.  The last book in the series was due to be released and each color represented one of the books.

We ended up getting 4 of the 5 colors.  No preview night passes that year. 

Life after Comic-con went on and I didn't think about the books again.

Flash forward a few weeks. 

I was walking through a B&N, flipping through a book and I literally ran into a table.  After looking around to see if anyone noticed what happened [no, thank goodness], I looked down and saw the table was covered with the Vlad Tod books.  Not only that, but they were on sale.  I decided to go ahead and buy the first 2.  If I liked them, I would come back and buy the other ones.

I loved them.  I think I read through the 4 books in 3 days. 

I did an online search for the author, Heather Brewer, and found out that she was doing a signing for the last book... I called the store she was appearing at and ordered a personalized copy. 



While I didn't get to meet Heather, I did get an excellent ending to the series and an autograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

©2011-2014 All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by Website Design Credit

Powered by Blogger